I know, I know, its been a long time since I have written....here are some stories:
I have now officially been to a bullfight. It was one of the most heartbreaking saddest things I have ever witnessed in my life. I will NOT go into details about the fight, but basically what happens is that there are 3 matadors (bullfighters) and they each have to kill 2 bulls. So the first bull comes out and they taunt it with these pink cloak type of things until it gets pretty upset, and then they bring out the horses. Now, horses and bulls aren't good friends so the bulls likes to charge the horses. (PS there is a guy riding the horse, and the horses are dressed in armor so it cannot be harmed) So when the bull charges the horse, the horse rider stabs the bull in the neck/back area to start the bull bleeding. Very sad. Then they taunt it some more, making it weaker while it is bleeding, then they have 3 guys stab small spear type of things into the same place as it was stabbed, making it even weaker. Then the matador comes out and taunts it some more, and by this time it has having trouble breathing and such. Then the matator does the deed of killing it. I had my eyes closed for most of this experience and I could only stand to sit through half of it. It was hard for me, but I am glad I got the cultural experience of going. Very interesting and I can't believe they have done this "sport" for centuries. And I have no idea how it attracts so many spectators....but I was told that most of them are tourists, so I guess everyone is in it for the cultural experience....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment